Welcome to Connemara RFC
Welcome to the website of the Connemara Rugby Football Club – also known as the Connemara Blacks!
Connemara RFC is a vibrant, community-based rugby club unique for its location in Clifden, Co. Galway, one of Ireland’s most beautiful areas.
We hope that his website will provide members, players, parents/guardians and the general public with all the information they seek about Connemara R.F.C. Please click on the links on the top of the page to check out news, fixtures, results and relevant information on all team sections within Connemara RFC. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all enquiries.
Connemara 7’s Tournament 1st, 2nd, 3rd July 2016
Download team registration form here
Connemara Rugby 7’s are now taking registrations for our annual tournament. The tournament will run over 3 days – Friday evening, all day Saturday and finals on Sunday. The tournament intends to provide some fast paced rugby and a fun filled weekend in Clifden, the capital of Connemara. We have a full line up of entertainment in the festival marquee with a Fancy Dress Party on Saturday night and pitch-side over the weekend.
The tournament will cater for both men’s and women’s teams Competitions.
This is an ideal opportunity for teams to test themselves against other clubs/teams before the season begins and can also double-up as an end of season get-together.
More than one entry per club is welcome, as are International & scratch teams. Each team consists of a maximum of 12 players. Fee’s must be submitted with the registration form and are non-refundable.
Refreshments will be available throughout the weekend at the pitch and local hotels will have very competitive accommodation rates for teams entered in the tournament. Limited camping areas will be available at the grounds and we suggest you book early if you wish to avail of it.
Please confirm interest ASAP via e-mail: email@example.com or by contacting Rory on 0872203178. Closing date for applications and participation fees is Friday 27th May 2016. The tournament fills up fast so don’t delay!
Follow the Connemara 7’s on Facebook – www.facebook.com/ConnemaraSevens.
This fun tournament will take place on the first weekend of July annually. We look forward to hearing from you.
Yours in rugby,
Connemara RFC Child Welfare Policy
Child Welfare Officer : Kim O’Donoghue
Connemara RFC has appointed Kim O’Donoghue as Child Welfare Officer. She is the initial point of contact for all issues identified in these procedures. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CWO is committed to maintaining best practice in the area of child protection within Connemara RFC and operates in a fully confidential manner.
The role of the Child Welfare Officer is as follows:
1. Act at all times in the best interests of Age Grade Players.
2. Be intimately familiar with the provisions of the Code and Policy and the Guidelines and with such further information and requirements as may be provided or put in place by the IRFU.
3. Communicate with the appropriate Branch Child Welfare Officer on any matter on which the Club Child Welfare Officer considers it necessary to do so, or any matter in relation to Age Grade Players on which the advice or directions of the Union required.
4. Receive from the Branch Child Welfare Officer advice, information and directions from the IRFU concerning Age Grade Players and act accordingly.
5. Inform their Clubs of requirements made by the IRFU concerning Age Grade Players.
6. Ensure that they are in a position to respond accurately and promptly to queries from the IRFU as to the welfare of Age Grade Players in their club generally or in relation to any specific incident which may occur.
7. Be the contact person in the club for the Statutory Authorities regarding the welfare of age grade players.
Please refer to the IRFU Child Welfare Policy documents for further details on the Child Welfare policies and procedures being practiced by the club.
IRFU Child Welfare Policy: http://www.irishrugby.ie/childwelfare.
League Winners 2015
Congratulations to Eddie, Gerry, Joe, Gerard & all the lads on winning the Connacht Junior 1 League on St. Patrick’s Day.
Connacht Rugby President Adrian Leddy presents the League Trophy to Connemara RFC Captain Dave McDonagh.
Connemara RFC Junior 1 League Winners 2015.
For more pictures & match information please visit our facebook page
****Please check out our news section for all the latest updates****
Welcome to Connemara RFC
Your Club Needs YOU!!!!
Volunteers needed to help out with refereeing & coaching for all age grades in this coming season. Courses will be held in Clifden.
So all you parents wishing to help your children’s club
please please call or text Gerry King @ 086-1798749 or Rory O’Toole @ 087-2203178 if your interested.